Junior/Mid Level Quality Assurance Engineer
Who you are
You are an extremely organized, methodical and fully dedicated bug killer. Your strong commitment for issue-free user experience that is meaningful and delightful makes you the perfect guy or gal for our team. Taking products to the next level with respect to accuracy, security, and safety is your passion. Maybe you don’t enjoy writing detailed testing documentation, but you understand how important it is and you do it exceptionally well. Your personal mission is to inspire a “quality culture”, in which everyone in the company takes part in maintaining quality in both the development process and the finished product.
Who we are
ScholarshipOwl.com is a scholarship search and application productivity tool that helps students obtain scholarships to reduce their out-of-pocket costs, and potentially graduate debt-free. It streamlines and enhances the scholarship search, match, and application process, enabling students to work more quickly and efficiently, resulting in an increased odds of earning scholarships.
ScholarshipOwl is a company that values the investment of time in people and mirror your success with recognition and a career path.
What you will do
- Our production is the king and it’s your responsibility to keep it immaculate;
- You will actively participate in development team scrum rituals (story writing workshops, sprint planning, reviews etc.);
- Your work begins long before any development is done - you actively communicate with the product team on feature definition to predict possible constraints;
- You will prepare testing documentation and/or test scripts while having a holistic approach to the product;
- You will be executing manual tests (automated is an advantage), creating bug reports, and working closely with the team on determining priorities;
- Verifying and approving the development version for production will also be your responsibility;
- You will thoroughly investigate product complaints;
- Take initiative to perform other activities that help maintain and/or improve the product quality.
Qualifications and Competences:
- Experience with web applications testing;
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology and how QA functions within it;
- Understanding of Continuous integration and Continuous development processes;
- Advanced knowledge of English language (minimum B2);
- Preferred experience with database management (mostly MySQL);
- Ability to execute tasks with minimal supervision;
- Ability to establish rapport and communicate with people at all levels of an organization and of various cultural backgrounds;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude;
- Self-motivated with growth mindset;
- Excited about remote work;
- Willingness to constantly expand your knowledge and improve skills.
What we offer
- Fully remote work environment;
- Unlimited vacation days;
- Company summits once or twice a year in different locations;
- $200/month workspace allowance;
- Flexible schedule;
- Hardware budget;
- Very attractive work culture in an established technology company. We take pride in our work and people;
- The ability to contribute to our company and product, and see your contributions come to tangible fruition;
- Opportunity to work in a small but growing company, and have a direct influence on the future of the company;
- Be part of a product that helps millions of students live a better life.