Business Development Manager - Remote Job
Who you are
You are ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager, dedicated to chase and close new business. You are ready to join our Business Development Team and help accelerate our pipeline, assist in executing marketing campaign follow-up, and provide a demonstrable impact on our company’s bottom line. Ideally, you are the person with a good attitude, a friendly demeanor, and great interest in learning. Oriented to identify new business opportunities, you are not afraid to run head first into the unknown, even to make mistakes along the way, especially learn from them, and make our prospecting and qualifying efforts all the more stronger.
Who we are
ScholarshipOwl.com is a scholarship search and application productivity tool that helps students obtain scholarships to reduce their out-of-pocket costs, and potentially graduate debt-free. The ScholarshipOwl platform streamlines and enhances the scholarship search, match and application process, enabling students to work more quickly and efficiently, resulting in an increased odds of earning scholarships.
We're a company that values the investment of time in people and mirror your success with recognition and a career path.
What you will do
You will be reporting directly to our COO. In this roll, you will:
- Establish contact and relationships with marketing-sourced leads and consult with them on product fit;
- Develop and qualify opportunities through prospecting, research, needs analysis, and defining requirements;
- Identify potential deals and accelerate our sales funnel and work together with our team to diversify our revenue sources;
- Close viable product sales opportunities and partnerships;
- Meet and exceed performance goals (don’t worry, they’re achievable).
- 3+ years experience of B2B sales;
- Client-centric focus and great communication skills: on the phone, over email, in Slack, even post it notes – we all communicate regularly here;
- Good organization and time management skills;
- A bachelor's degree. Extra points if it’s from a US college. Extra-extra points if you applied to scholarships;
- Advanced knowledge of English language;
- A positive attitude (we’re all quite content, and would rather you not drag us down).
- Exposure to the US education industry;
- Prior marketing experience;
- Knowledge of the American culture or business landscape;
- An interest in growing into a more senior role.
What We Offer:
- Fully remote work from anywhere with a flexible schedule;
- Unlimited vacation days;
- Company off-sites every year, in different parts of the world;
- $200/month workspace allowance;
- Hardware budget;
- Very attractive work culture in an established technology company. We take pride in our work and people;
- An open door policy that enables you to interact daily with everyone up to our CEOs;
- The ability to contribute to our company and product, and see your contributions come to tangible fruition;
- Opportunity to work in a small but growing company, and have a direct influence on the future of the company;
- Be part of a product that helps millions of students live a better life.